Yearly or semi-annual physical examinations by our highly trained doctors is one of the best ways to keep your pet healthy and detect problems early. Complete physical examinations are the foundation of any preventative health program. Our veterinarians have the expertise to diagnose and treat any disease/illness your pet may develop.
Vaccinations – For Dogs and Cats
We strongly recommend a physical examination of your pet prior to any vaccinations.
• Intestinal worm checks
• Heartworm blood checks
• Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) blood tests for cats
• Complete blood counts
• Screening organ function tests – for liver, kidney, pancreas, blood sugar, etc.
• Urinalysis testing
• Cytology of ears, tumors, vaginal smears
Surgery and Anesthesia
• The most up to date anesthetic protocol available- the safest available for pets-isoflurane.
• Anesthesia tailored to the individual pet’s needs – the pet’s age or disease may dictate a special protocol for safety.
• Spaying and neutering of your pets
• Orthopedic surgery
We have full X-ray capability
We perform dental scaling and polishing (prophylaxis) for dogs and cats. To do this we utilize ultrasonic scaling technology and a high speed polishing unit. In addition, during the dental procedure, we evaluate the oral cavity for health and offer solutions for diseased teeth and gums (gingivitis).
We have the latest technology in ultrasound equipment. This allows much greater diagnostic capabilities on your pet. We can see into the abdomen and examine the kidneys, liver, prostate or uterus. Ultrasound is the best way to evaluate the heart for diseases, allowing optimal treatment. We can examine the eyes for tumors, abscesses or retinal problems. Pregnancy examinations with ultrasound is the safest and earliest method of detection. We utilize ultrasound to guide biopsies of the internal organs or masses in the body. When performing these procedures, we bring in a specialist to do this at our site.